Tuesday 20 January 2015

Manifesto

I began my Google+ website on March 8, 2014, with doubt.  I wanted to post only my own work, and my own thoughts.  This was not to be a Pinterest-style blog, with images borrowed from more famous Designers.

So I called it "Classic Design or Trend,"  because, after a lifetime of developing both my visual and linguistic skills, I saw the light!  All of my work is valid, not just what appears as the latest example of a trend I might have riffed off.  If it's valid, then ergo it's valid.

My mother had exceptional artistic talent which she never used professionally.  I absorbed through my skin the ambience of every environment she created.  Like her, I have "perfect pitch in colour."  I have always been able to discern the components of any mixed colour, just by looking at it.  I also have her impeccable ability to place three-dimensional objects spatially in perfect harmony.

I want to show you the 3 sides of a clay pot my daughter painted for me long ago, and which always sits where I can see it daily.  No one but me knows this, but I turn the pot to one of its 3 sides, according to what I'm going through emotionally and spiritually at any given time.  This pot shows Sacred Symbols of the Celts.

I am genetically mostly Celtic, with many drops of "the other," since my family has been on this continent for a long, long time. I have a feeling for this land.

I have been through a period of Fire, where at my age of maturity, I began to gather up all of my experiences and skills gained through my lifetime into a whole. 



The process of doing so involved much introspection and often excruciating pain, descending into the belly of the whale, if you will.  I was alone with my thoughts and the meditations of my heart for a long time.  This is The Cauldron of Rebirth.

 
 
I emerged from this trial to fully own The Mother Goddess.  Now my passions work together in complete congruency.  Notice the dark centre of our power as women which the Celts knew to worship.  We are the symbol of the night, the mystery of the unknowable, and the source from whom all forms originate.  We are the black in the yin/yang which contains the white dot.
 
We are beyond all distinctions and we dwell in the realm of love.
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment